Features we consider essential for GPS guidance
- 3D perspective view (version 5) or birdseye view (version
Light bars are OK for rectangular fields without sloughs or bush.
They can tell you only 3 things - whether you're off course to the
left, off course to the right, or on course, as you make parallel
passes across a field. FarmerGPS does provide left/right directions
but combines this with a birdseye view. FarmerGPS does tell
- Where you are in the field
- What parts you covered
- Where you marked a spot e.g. weed patch, stone, etc.
- Exact speed
- Area counts for total area as well as worked area. With
2 counters, you may also reset one at every seeder fill to
know when you can expect another stop.
- Combined with the birds-eye view the navigation bar directs
you to go left or right. With the combination you are able
to tell "why" and if you maybe want to disregard
and have a a slight overlap just to straighten out the current
- Being able to see the field overview
- See what's coming next
- You may configure FarmerGPS for one or two rows of buttons with customizable functionality on the right side of the screen.
- Using a touchscreen you have simple access these buttons.
- Seeing curves, misses, what's coming ahead
- Visual indication for overlaps and gaps, paired with left/right instructions
- The ability to mark positions with an image icon. (flag pole by default)
- 2 different icons are available (for weeds and rocks as an example). Custom images may be used.
- By default FarmerGPS uses contour mode, however AB-line guidance is also available.
- Simply click "A" on your keyboard to create an A-point and click "B" for the B-point.
- FarmerGPS guides you to the AB-line references
- AB-points may also be added manually.
- A B-point may be created automatically by providing an A-point and an angle
- You can go back to any of the AB-lines created in the field
- A click on F3 allows you to move the latest AB-line to your current position. This allows a quick adjustment while operating.
Guidance for splitting a field
- FarmerGPS allows you to create a straight West-East or North-South guideline from your current position.
Guidance for equipment realignment when turning at the headlands
- FarmerGPS will create guide lines when the equipment is turned OFF.
- The automatic creation makes it easy to turn around, line-up the equipment for the next pass and go back into contour mode
- Integrating to your seeding or spraying equipment so that ON/OFF is recognized by your laptop and the FarmerGPS application.
Marking different areas of your field
- 4 different colors for marking areas of your field
- Key Q, W, E and R toggle different colors
- Allows you to mark areas where you used different seed, different seed rates, different fertilizer rates or different herbicide rates (just examples)
- Being able to go back to a field a day or a month later and knowing where you have left off
- Being able to save GPS data on a field by field bases.
- Being able to print an overview on your home printer
- If you create data on several units you can also join these data files to one complete operational file.
- Automatic record keeping for field, operation, start-stop times, areas covered, average speed etc.
- Allows you to add any text as extra data for field operation
e.g. "Seeded HRS Wheat Barry at x lb/acre, ground was very
dry, seeded at 2" depth"
- Automatic calculation of the field area after the first outside pass
- 2 running area counters show covered area
- Print or save images directly from within FarmerGPS
Shape file support
- FarmerGPS supports the import of shape files displaying the
exact boundaries of your field
- Helps in driving at night avoiding sloughs etc.
- You can also create shape files from operational data. Data
includes total area calculations minus areas such as sloughs,